It was an ordinary day. The land was at peace, the people were not warring (at least, not anywhere nearby the kingdom) and even normally ferocious carnivore animals seemed more mellow. It was rather strange then, that a man had set on a journey with a heavy heart. The brightly shining sun did no raise his spirits, but he looked at the land around him in a bit of a sorrow. His face showed lines of worry.
It's a story about a family fighting each other for the throne. And some other stuff, like war.
The last year of the Age begins in a forest.
I'm just here to check if this works out, since I didn't do much anything last year.
Very briefly, since my class starts in a couple of minutes, and I have to explain to the teacher why I haven't bought the required book in time. Mostly because currently I'm too poor to afford it. Anyway...
This year, again to 50,000 words! *toasts*
47308 words. Let's face it, I spent the last week being completely lazy.
November 30th will see me finishing the word count in the last possible moment, while the story itself is still far from its end. But we're getting there - and the good part is that when it *does* finish, the wordcount will be that of a serious novel, not a tiny novella.
2602 words left.
Insert a time fly merrily munching on an arrow here.
Nanowrimo, to me, is a living demonstration of the old saying that speaks of well-laid plans and rodents. By now, it has become quite entertaining to make a plan and see in what interesting, unexpected way it will fail. Sometimes, for amusement, I'll try to predict how it will fail, and make a backup plan - knowing, of course, that the first plan will fail in such a way as to make the second plan useless too.
There is a song in a play by Bertolt Brecht (German), which contains these lines:
I wrote a little module that will now allow you to export your novel as unformatted text - the form in which you will later upload it to nanowrimo.org for verification.
Unfortunately, this has forced me to confront a sad truth - the PHP wordcounter grossly overestimated my wordcount. Or something is off, at least, because the final wordcount is about 500 less than Drupal estimated.
This is a difference of 3.33%, which in the final count can cause well over 1000 words of error.
I spent today lazing about, reading, sleeping and playing games. I didn't really start seriously writing until the last three hours of the day were looming.
And that's why I didn't get above 2000 today. Of course, it's relieving that I have enough of a backlog of words built up so I really wouldn't need to do anything for the next three days, and that even on a slow day I can still get above the usual quota, but I'm still a bit miffed at myself.
Scene 1 is up and finished. Not Chapter one, just to clear up a bit of vagueness. I have 41 scenes, one of which was the Prologue, but I have only around 8-10 chapters that each contain 4-5 scenes.
I started on the third chapter this morning, and it is already 300 words long - I just past the 4k mark a while ago. I have little hope of repeating yesterday's performance because I have lectures and homework today, but at least I can fulfill the quota if I go at it steadily.